The Deadlands of Cadia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Life and Deaths of Deadlanders: Clash of Aermanes

3 posters

Go down

The Life and Deaths of Deadlanders: Clash of Aermanes Empty The Life and Deaths of Deadlanders: Clash of Aermanes

Post by Oni Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:45 am

A courier places a parcel and sealed letter into the hands of an elderly Deadlander.  A nod is exchanged between the two but no words, soon the courier leaves the older man alone in his desert hut.  For a long moment the man stares at the objects in his hands before sighing and drawing a nearby but otherwise hidden dagger.  With a flick of his wrist he slices open the top of the letter and draws the letter within out of the envelope.  Placing a pair of small steel-framed spectacles on his nose, he reads it to himself.

“Romulus,

I know it has been quite some time since I last contacted you and as you know I do not like to bother you with basic, petty, and boring things.  However, I have learnt of something that even you may wish to know of.  As it concerns Roman, yes I know you keep tabs on him and yes I know no one is suppose to know – but I have my ways of finding such things out.  Normally I would demand payment for my information but we'll say this one is just for old time's sake, hmm?

Roman has been operating in and about the settlement of Sol's Hope, that salt-mining shithole the Duchess controls.  Though it does seem he is making a name for himself as a trust worthy hunter, man of his word in terms of contracts, and all that shit you tried to teach us all as cubs.  Seems he is with a Drow woman named Faerra, a mercenary that has done some worth within the Deadlands – I recall seeing her name written on a bounty board once as a hunter.

More interesting though is the fact Roman is nearing the completion of the claws.  A shame really, they should had been given to me instead of that runt but supposedly I'm short-sighted.  Of course I hold the final shards, so I guess the last laugh is mine?  Hahahaha....hmm not as amusing written.  So I'll trust you to get that pot stirred old man, I'll be staying in the Nest with my boys for a few tendays.  I do hope you can convince them to come visit, I'm dying to see Roman in person.

Also sent you something special.

The only one who matters,
~signed~ Remo Aermane”

With a snort Romulus laid down the letter and opened up the parcel.  Within the small box that was wrapped in parchment paper laid a pair of old and worn silver daggers with thick leather straps binding the hilts.  Upon inspection one can see the engraved crest of the Aermane Clan upon them.  This was a clear display of Remo's intentions of asking for Roman in person.  Making a face, Romulus summoned his desert cat, Remus, and petted him on the head.  Quickly crafting his own letter he sent it bound upon the feline, hidden safely within a tube about the throat.  With a few growls and motions, he sent Remus to find Roman at Sol's Hope.

[Remus appears as a desert hued mountain lion]

Oni
Admin

https://cadia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Life and Deaths of Deadlanders: Clash of Aermanes Empty Re: The Life and Deaths of Deadlanders: Clash of Aermanes

Post by Dia Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:30 pm

Roman carried the carcass of a great elk over his broad shoulders as he marched off the road and into the small clearing among the trees where his cabin was located. He laid the deer down and rolled his shoulders once, before moving to the door of the cabin and giving it a single loud knock to let Faerra know he was home.

He turned his attention back to the deer and drew a blade out from his bracer, kneeling down beside it to begin skinning and butchering it to prepare for his stew. As he ran his blade along the elk's flesh he paused for a moment, tilting his head back, and flared his nostrils. He breathed in deep, and smelled the approaching mountain lion in the distance. A familiar scent, but one he'd not detected in some time. He continued his work as he awaited the arrival of the messenger.

Dia
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Life and Deaths of Deadlanders: Clash of Aermanes Empty Re: The Life and Deaths of Deadlanders: Clash of Aermanes

Post by Obxpanda Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:37 pm

Faerra was siting by the fire drinking a glass of wine and looking over a crude map of the area she got in town when she heard the knock on the door. She grins and quickly goes outside.

"Oh what a beautiful animal." She gives him a kiss then kneels along side him to watch. "Did you enjoy your hunt?"

Obxpanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:56 pm

"I did. But we're about to have a visitor. I'm unsure whether it is good news or ill." Roman returned her kiss and continued to carve up the deer. Despite the unknown, he remained remarkably calm.

Dia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oni Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:15 pm

Slowly the large, old and well scarred feline emerged from the woods across from Roman, its eyes locked on him despite the fresh kill being carved. With a deep breath and snort of air, the puma trotted over to the Hunter and his friend, showing no fear of any sort and no signs of hunger for the slain. The large cat's frosty blue eyes never moving from Roman as it finally reached the two and sat -- a message tube hanging from the mountain lion's throat. A low growl is given once as if greeting the Hunter.

Oni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:28 pm

Roman grunted once and took the message from the lion's throat. With his other hand he lifted up a hunk of freshly carved meat, and tossed it beside the beast. He wiped his hands clean on his pant leg, and opened the message to read it, allowing Faerra to see it as well.

Dia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oni Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:44 pm

Upon the yellowed parchment lies only a few brief sentences, they are as follows:

"Remo has stepped out of the shadows and contacted me. Though it seems his attention has been focused on you, his ~beloved~ cousin. He has called for the Rite of Silverbite, he even sent the blades and has "requested" your presence at the Nest. Sounds thrilling, hmm?

Do what you wish with this knowledge Roman and bring honor to the clan. If you need anything of me, let Romulus bring the message to me."

Oni
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum