The Deadlands of Cadia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark of the Daywalker

2 posters

Go down

Mark of the Daywalker Empty Mark of the Daywalker

Post by Dia Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:40 pm

The sun was beginning to set over the Deadlands as Azaria and Vallyn made their way into a canyon off the dry river pass. It was a short walk through the narrow canyon before they came upon the large gates leading to the mountain keep of Azar and Corrien Vrass.

"They do like their privacy." Vallyn mused to himself as he touched the gate. With a groan the gate began to open magically, their host having expected their arrival.

"Nice trick." Azaria grinned and took Vallyn's hand, walking through the opening and into the keep.

Entering the main chamber, a scantly clad Erinyes greeted the two visitors and took their cloaks before leading them to the sitting area where Azar and Corrien were already waiting atop one of many mounds of cushions.

"Welcome." Azar smiled politely, standing for their guests.

Corrien placed her hand delicately on a bottle of red wine. "Come have a seat, I'll pour us all a drink."

"Thank you." the two responded, and accepted a goblet of wine each as Corrien offered them. They then took their seats on a comfortable mound of pillows.

Azar started, "My wife tells me you're looking for Thayan tattoos to be created. I can help you with this, but what specifically are you looking for them to do?"

Vallyn grinned before responding, "Something a necromancer might find very interesting, actually. We recently faced off with a vampire who had a unique amulet that allowed her to walk in the sun. It carries many other enchantments, including one that would disintegrate any that tried to take it off of her."

Azar leaned forward a bit, his interest piqued. Corrien sipped her wine, curious of what other enchantments this amulet might have as well.

Azaria rubbed her hand along Vallyn's leg as she continued his story, "We got it off of her, though. And now we want that enchantment turned into a tattoo."

Azar tilted his head, "You wish to be protected from the sun? You aren't vampires."

Vallyn grinned a bit wider, "Yet."

Corrien cocked an eyebrow at the two guests, and sipped her wine before looking over at Azar. She leaned into his ear to whisper. "I would love to see this amulet."

Azar nodded and rubbed his hand along Corrien's arm. "If the enchantment can be replicated in a tattoo, I'll be capable of doing it. But the price won't be my usual fee. I want the amulet itself as payment."

Azaria pouted slightly, as she did so love the look of it for her hoard. Corrien couldn't help but grin at Azaria's disappointment, knowing from the elf's face that the amulet must be very special looking indeed.

Vallyn nodded once. "I assumed that might be your price. And you have a deal. The amulet is yours, but if you cannot decipher the enchantment and turn it into a tattoo, then the deal is off and it is returned to us."

Azar nodded once in return. "A fair trade. Think about where you want your tattoos, and if you wish any special design outside of the magic rune itself. Did you bring the amulet with you today? I'd be very interested in getting started."

Azaria, still pouting, removed the amulet from a special pouch. "Yes." She stood up and walked over to Azar, presenting it to him.

Touching the amulet gently, Azar's eyes lit up. Corrien leaned in close as well to have a look.

"Be careful with it. It's really pretty." Azaria released it into Azar's hands, and returned to sit on Vallyn's lap.

Vallyn smirked at Azaria and patted her leg. "The reward will be well worth the price." He looked over at Azar and Corrien. "Thank you for the wine. We'll leave you to study that amulet. You'll send word when you have news?"

Azar looked up from the amulet and nodded. "Yes, I'll have word to you on progress within three days. Enough time to understand what enchantments are on this amulet, and what - if any risks will be involved."

Corrien smiled. "I'll show you two out. We'll have to have you over for dinner one night - before your appetites change, preferably." She smirked as she slid away from Azar and walked towards the door.

Vallyn and Azaria set down their emptied goblets, and followed after Corrien. "You never know..." Vallyn mused in a low voice, so only the two females could hear him now as they approached the door. "You might enjoy our new appetites." Azaria grinned over at Vallyn, then gave Corrien a wink. With that, the two departed.

Dia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mark of the Daywalker Empty Re: Mark of the Daywalker

Post by Oni Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:31 am

After many hours of diligent study and careful magical probing of the enchantments contained upon the amulet, Azar discovered the unique runes and spells that empowered the piece.  Four enchantments and a two-tier curse were discovered woven within the overcall piece.  These were: the Dark Sun, Eversated, Mistwind, and Night's Progeny while the curse is Evertracked with Explosive Removal.  After expertly copying and making notes on each entry in his private journal, Azar checked if Evertracked was still operating and found it not to be -- learning it must be worn for that to function.

Azar noted the following for each enchantment.

~The Dark Sun: The main, and requested, enchantment on the amulet.  It is a complex weave of abjuration, illusionary, and necromantic components that completely render sunlight in any form (true, altered, illusionary, by proxy, etc.) unharmful and only beneficial (production of vitamins, warmth, etc.) to the host of the enchantment.  Given some of the runic notes, it may originally been the creation of a powerful Ilythiiri Elf just as they became Drow.

~The Eversated:  An enchantment that removes the need to eat, drink, breath, or sleep.  Its primary usage in this case was to sate the ever present desire for blood, it is a general enchantment using several transmutation, evocation, and conjuration runes and spells.  While these are sated, it does not mean they cannot be fully enjoyed as normal with whatever normal gain or loss is associated with the act.  -- Azar believes he can break this one down to each individual need as well as using it as a whole.

~Mistwind: A transmutation and conjuration enchantment that allows the host to travel rapidly upon the wind as a almost invisible mist or vapor like substance and revert instantly at will upon arrival without any repercussions, unlike normal Mist form usages.  It seems this was included to help escapes and transportation without triggering dangerous situations or teleportation detections.  

~Night's Progeny: This conjuration and necromantic enchantment allows the host to call upon a dreadful child of the night.  A fresh offering of blood and gore must be made as the enchantment is invoked to successfully summon the creature.  Emerging from the pitch black sky will be a lesser undead drake that serves loyally until dismissed.  Its name is Alfhitch and it is intelligent enough to speak with.  Alfhitch is strong enough to serve as a guard, or decoy at the least -- in addition, two can ride upon its back and another carried by its talons if need be.  Alfhitch can be call upon once a night unless he was recently destroyed, if so he will recover after a tenday of regeneration.  -- Azar notes that with some minor adjustments he may be able to alter what type of creature is summoned and various attributes about it.

After making these notes Azar comes to the realize he could possibly alter most of these to do other potential outcomes but such could prove dangerous, even fatal but it would have to wait for another time.  That most of these could easily be partially used as well as fully used in both new enchantments or tattoos with enough time and magic laid.  He wonders who created this object and how old it is.  

Finally, though, he makes notes of the curses on the amulet that he believes he can easily break if desired.

~Evertracked: A enchantment that is divination based.  As the name of the curse suggests, the one who placed the curse is always aware, and have the ability to hear and see, of the wearer at any given time - on might think this could be said to have beneficial usages.  This, however, grants no privacy to the host as they be remote viewed at any given time, for however long desired, and not know they are being watched.  It is also unlikely the wearer of the amulet would ever had known this curse was upon it, there are no magical indicators it exists outside of careful probing to find hidden runes. -- Azar notes this one would be easily replicated, altered, or destroyed by changing the runic line.

~Explosive Removal: A simple evocation enchantment triggered by the forced removal of the enchanted object, amulet in this case, from the wearing host.  If removed, a point blank spell of highly concentrated fire and positive energy magic would be released -- similar to a stronger variant of Flame Strike.  The enchantment is found within the primary gem of the amulet, it can be removed but the gem may change colors or cloud as a result.

As he closes his journal, Azar is sure that he can do as requested of him.  Now with his new knowledge, what might he now gain from these new insights.

Oni
Admin

https://cadia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:48 pm

Having received word that Azar's research was complete, Vallyn and Azaria returned to the Dry River Keep to discuss the details with their hosts.

"It's good to see you both again." Corrien smiled as she offered her guests a goblet of wine each. After they accepted the wine, Corrien returned to her seat beside Azar, curling her legs up onto the sofa and grasping her own goblet to have a sip.

Vallyn nodded in thanks as he took a sip of his wine. "We're excited to hear what you've discovered about the amulet."

Azar grinned, knowing already that his work would please his guests. "I was able to identify and extract the runes required for your request. Protection from the sun in all of its forms. But as you expected, there were several other enchantments as well: No need to ever feed, drink, or eat unless you desire it. A form of quickened and safe travel with no repercussions. A guardian that can be summoned to do your bidding. I offer all of these to you. Much more than your initial request."

Azaria and Vallyn grinned at each other for a moment before the petite elf spoke. "That's very kind of you. And just why are you feeling so generous?"

Azar laughed. "Normally I would not be. You'd receive the enchantment you requested, and no more. But my clever wife reminded me of how well the four of us worked together once before when you reached out to us for aid. You two are very capable, and we may have use of your talents in the future ourselves. Consider this an investment in our continued partnership." He rubbed a hand along Corrien's leg and smiled at her. Corrien smiled back and touched Azar's hand in return.

"I like the sound of that. We're very interested in you applying all of these enchantments, so let us drink to this partnership, and discuss the tattoo itself." Vallyn raised his goblet. The others followed suit, and each took a sip of their wine.

"Of course." Azar nodded. "I can craft a new tattoo for each of you, or inlay the runes into the tattoos you already possess." He gestured broadly to both of his guests; their tattoos clearly visible in their sparse clothing.

Azaria tapped her chin thoughtfully for a moment. "You can add the runes to this, without it looking distasteful?" She ran a hand along the red dragon tattoo which covered the entirety of her outer left thigh.

Azar nodded as he examined her tattoo from afar. "You won't even notice a difference. The runes will be small, and hidden throughout the design. That way no one knows to target your runes either to disrupt the enchantment."

Azaria grinned with excitement. "That would be perfect!"

Vallyn smirked over at Ria before looking at Azar. "The same works for me." Vallyn turned his body slightly to show the tattoo of skulls and bones strewn along her shoulders and upper back. "Plenty of opportunity to hide the runes in there."

Azar nodded, "That will do. If you both feel up to it, I can apply the runes after dinner."

The two guests grinned with anticipation and nodded in return.

Corrien smiled. "Dinner should be all ready now, actually." She rose from the sofa. "Come, I'll show you to the table."

Dia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum