The Deadlands of Cadia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Creation for Fate of the Luxurious Gem [Forum Campaign Series]

Go down

Character Creation for Fate of the Luxurious Gem [Forum Campaign Series] Empty Character Creation for Fate of the Luxurious Gem [Forum Campaign Series]

Post by Oni Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:30 pm

Character Name:  The name of your character and any nickname/alias they might use instead
Race: Standard and unusual (Drow, Tieflings, etc.) races. If anything else, ask first please.
Age: Whatever works for your character, would highly suggest 20-40 year range or equivalent
Awakening: At birth/childhood or ___ days/weeks/months/years ago (doesn't need to be precise)
Origin: Hopestone Island or ___ (based on above answer)
Home: For this, must be Hopestone Island, so see those posts – most likely Port of Good Hope
Faith, if any: Any deity or none
Job/Profession: Any job/profession that is not a character class, i.e. an alchemist or a rat catcher
Class Leaning: A class your character might be if they had one

Positive Traits: Please pick two traits, one basic and one job/way of life (see below), that stand out for your character
Negative Traits: Please pick at least one

Character Description: A nice short description.

Character Bio: A brief summary of the character's background.

Stats and Sanity: Roll 2d6 and add 6 to the value, repeat until you have 9 values.  Select 7 of these.  No values under 10.  Adjust for racial modifiers.  You decide where each goes.
  • Strength: #/Mod
    Dexterity: #/Mod
    Constitution: #/Mod
    Intelligence: #/Mod
    Wisdom: #/Mod
    Charisma: #/Mod
    Sanity: #

I will provide an example, as well as my character's information, below.  Though I would ask you all to post yours in the Character Bio/Background area on the forums.  I will update this post with a selection of traits, both good and bad, when I can.  If you have some you wish to post, feel free, I'll let you know if they don't work.  

Some positive traits I found listed online, pick at least one of these (considered "basic" ones):
Attractive, Beautiful, Handsome, Warm, Friendly, Clean, Honest, Loyal, Trustworthy, Dependable, Open Minded, Thoughtful, Wise, Mature, Ethical, Courageous, Constructive, Productive, Progressive, Individualistic, Observant, Neat, Punctual, Logical, Prompt, Accurate, Self-Reliant, Independent, Inventive, Wholesome, Attentive, Frank, Purposeful, Realistic, Adventurous, Relaxed, Curious, Modern, Charming, Modest, Enthusiastic, Polite, Patient, Talented, Perceptive, Forgiving, Ambitious, Respectful, Grateful, Resourceful, Courteous, Helpful, Appreciative, Imaginative, Self-Disciplined, Decisive, Humble, Self-Confident, Easygoing, Consistent, Positive, Artistic, Fashionable, Convincing, Thrifty, Bold, Suave, Methodical, Interesting, Unselfish, Responsible, Reasonable, Likable, Clever, Cooperative. Romantic, Proficient

Please than think on (or ask for help) on deciding another positive trait that might be more related to your character's job/profession or way of life.

Also please pick one negative trait, such as one of these or something akin:
angry, bewildered, clumsy, defeated, embarrassed, fierce, grumpy, helpless, jealous, lazy, nervous, obnoxious, drunkard, drug-dependent, cunt, boring, etc

One final note, as a job/profession you can select the following as well: Initiative (trainee druid from Conifers'), Ranger In Training (trainee ranger from Conifers'), and Acolyte (trainee monk from Silver Rain's).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sample below!  Also my Character!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Character Name:  William Mossheel, usually goes by Will or Moss
Race: Halfling
Awakening: At birth
Origin: Hopestone Island
Home: Port of Good Hope
Faith, if any: Oghma
Job/Profession: Tavern musician, strings and vocals
Class Leaning: Bard

Positive Traits: Handsome and Perfect Pitch
Negative Traits: Napoleon Complex

Character Description: Standing a nice three foot six inches (3'6”), this rather strapping young fellow is a heartthrob for the local ladies.  A head of shaggy straw blonde hair hanging loose and wild, only complete with his stylish Van-Dyke facial hair.  Looking on with his piercing frost blue eyes as he strums his trusty guitar as onlookers gaze upon his bronze sun-kissed skin.  Often dressed in comfortable loose shirts or just a good looking vest, to show off his strong hairy chest.  

Character Bio: Will was born at sea, just offshore of the Island of Hopestone.  His mother, serving as a naval guard at the time, didn't know she was pregnant let alone that far along.  Nonetheless, he was healthy and she was happy.  He had a good upbringing, though no father – however his grandfather filled in best he could, a former bard.  Through his grandfather he discovered his gift of perfect pitch and from there he began to play music regularly.  As early as sixteen, he was working at the Angel's Dive, an upper city tavern, as guitarist and occasional singer.  He did his mandatory two years guard duty at age eighteen to twenty.  Since coming back to work at the Angel's Dive, his main focus outside of work (though inside too) is trying to win the attention of the lead singer, Zava – an Aasimar woman with a voice to fit her bloodline.

• Strength: 12/1
    Dexterity: 17/3
    Constitution: 14/2
    Intelligence: 16/3
    Wisdom: 13/1
    Charisma: 17/3
    Sanity: 15

Oni
Admin

https://cadia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down