The Deadlands of Cadia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Encounter - Varastan

Go down

The First Encounter - Varastan Empty The First Encounter - Varastan

Post by Oni Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:47 pm

[Refer to this post Two Ships Passing in the Night(mare) for more information regarding the following responses]

[Response to Varastan's]
The gargantuan beast slithers about in the darkness filled void listening to Varastan's response, making grunt like noises to affirm he is listening and thinking.  Eventually it stops moving a short period following the Marel's last response.  Coiling like a giant snake, it begins to respond to each answer that Varastan has given.

“An interesting response that is.  To have such confidence in one's self is refreshing for a short lived creatures as yourself.  Though I must admit, I am curious to as why you will not fail, where is this knowledge of triumph originating?”

Its large tentacles snake about to either side of it as it continues to respond.

“You know your purpose, most curious, it is quite a drive you have.  Though I must know something further.  You must chose life or death?  And whose would it be?”

It uncoils and begins to slowly circle you in its seemingly endless body, you are encompassed by such a dark bodied thing that it feels dreadful and hard to withstand.  Though for your sake it ends quickly thereafter when the creature once more coils up to the side of you and speaks again.

“A fragment of flesh, a bit of tentacle, a morsel of a living god like being...you chose the act of consuming a piece of something you refer to as a Great Old One.  And you believe it is the will of your Patron.  Curious.  Well for you some information and then the answer to your question.

Altugon is the name of this Great Old One, a spawn of Father Dagon and Mother Hydra.  It is known as the All-Seeing One for it possesses a great number of eyes both embodied and remote.  Once it served Dagon as a loyal child but as the ages went on and the world changed once and then twice it now has designs of its own.  Having converted a number of cults to worship it instead of Dagon, it has claimed several regions as its own territory and for awhile slept deep within the ground beneath the waters.

As to your situation, your condition, your mutation...  You have three options, though I suspect it may be the last of the three you seek.  The first is simple – you allow it to continue and you will gain power slowly and naturally as you mutate and even potentially control over it, though you will no longer be what you are and there will be no means of returning to it.  Second is you seek out and consume more parts of Altugon and with a strong enough body you convert its being into your own and with it a portion of its power for each piece and by doing so you master the mutation.  Third and lastly, now that you have this seed within you and it is already gestating – you seek out alternative means to sustain it and by using methods least linked with Altugon you have the greatest chance to master both the mutation and gain mastery over its related powers.

You must think what are alternative means and those not linked to Altugon.  Well I would suggest things such as consuming or absorbing magic, souls, knowledge not meant for mortals, and the likes.  The means to do all these?  Well that is up to you to determine.  However, consuming anything typically is taught or inherited or by means via a tool so I would suggest to seek out those learned in such things.

Though I do hope this has helped in some nature as it will amuse me greatly to eventually learn what has occurred since this meeting.”

With this now spoken, the massive outsider slowly shifts about in a large snaking pattern as it awaits your responses to its responses.

Oni
Admin

https://cadia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down