The Deadlands of Cadia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Encounter - Naiad

Go down

The First Encounter - Naiad Empty The First Encounter - Naiad

Post by Oni Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:50 pm

[Refer to this post Two Ships Passing in the Night(mare) for more information regarding the following responses]

[Response to Naiad's]
The massive shadow beast slowly coils loosely around Naiad until all she is can see is nothing but the purest darkness yet can feel its unseen eyes peering down from above as if she were a mouse before a snake.  A hiss breaks the silence though she soon finds herself not attacked and instead spoken to.

“You fear having no purpose and yet you still seek the primary purpose of your being?  Though I would think it lays before you, ready to be taken in hand as one does the haft of a spear.  No?”

The feeling of a predator having over her is most uncomfortable, causing an intense anxiety to begin to form within her chest yet as quickly as it forms it fades when the creature uncoils.  It floats clear of her though still within her sight range, though it would be hard for it not to be she believes once she begins to take in its size that seems to never end.

“Tell me of this man, this father of your father, this ancestor of yours.  Why should he be saved and from what?  Mayhaps I will be moved to doing something or will you simply bore me?  I am curious to hear what you have to say.”

A glow in this darkness, light finally?  Her eyes are drawn toward what must be the head of the creature but she freezes cold as the glow are where its eyes should be, two at first but it spreads outwards to at least nine, nine eyes.  Each of these glows seem focused on her, these dark glows.

“The Gensai, specifically Water Gensai, are the descendants of those who have ancestors that mated with genies – in the Water's case those are the Marid, though it may also be due to blood shared with water goddesses including the likes of Umberlee, or those who have an unexplained link to the plane of Water.  Independent, arrogant, stubborn, destructive if the mood fits, often subject of mood swings that can be quite violent in nature...all hidden by a calm beautiful exterior that hides the ever stirring emotions just below the skin.  Many snob their Human blood, even looking down on them entirely and abandoning them for their abuse of the water  while others attempt to bridge that gap.

Most have mild power over the shaping of water.  Using their natural connection to the element of water to manipulate it into taking various forms, most have only crude to moderate control over this that some eventually master to a useful state.  A few are able to grant water breathing to others, as they develop it fully themselves typically at a younger age.  Sometimes, though rarely, some are able to travel unnaturally quickly through water as if become part of it directly.  But you are less curious of others, could care less right?  You wish to know of what you can do.”

You sense it smirking at you though you couldn't tell a smirk apart from an asshole at this point so you brush it off as your mind growing tired of this realm.  But it seems to look away as it begins to speak the next portion, a response to your question.

“As to your powers, the ability over water is akin to a shadowborn's with shadow, it is you and you are it.  You manipulate water as you have it within you in more ways than the one.  To grow stronger with it, is to simply grow as an individual and gain life experience through trial and error as well as practice.  As to your other abilities they will develop in time, as you are blessed in more ways than you think.  First you will gain the ability to alter another's ability to breathe in water, you will be able to call upon creatures of the water, and more all in due time.  If you wish to develop them faster, I believe you have options and already have the means to the one via your new friend, possibly lover?”

Oni
Admin

https://cadia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum