The Deadlands of Cadia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeryn’Drada Nasadra: Outcast in a New Land

Go down

Aeryn’Drada Nasadra:  Outcast in a New Land Empty Aeryn’Drada Nasadra: Outcast in a New Land

Post by Obxpanda Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:06 pm

I moved my body, stretching slightly to feel my muscles tense and my body sore. As I rolled onto my back, I realized I was not in that hell anymore. My mind raced to figure out how many days did I hear that chanting and feel that horrible dread, three, four. I cannot remember but for now I am glad that is over.  Or at least I hope it is.

I looked up and saw three orbs of light in the sky.  I do not recall the night sky having them but then I have not spent any time on the surface.  I sat slowly and watched the light dance off the waves as they slowly rolled over the shore. It was a calming sight and sound.  It does make me wonder what the next part of this sick punishment that Lolth has cast on me will be.

As I take several deep breaths, I feel my stomach growl as it seems like days since I have eaten.  I think back to the fear I felt when I woke in that abyss. Never has anything frightened me that much. I know Lolth is cruel, but to have me snatched in the middle of my revere and tossed into this strange place is even worse that I thought she would ever be.  After all of this, I will never give her my loyalty and servitude again.

To the right of me, I hear footsteps approaching. I reach for my rapier and it was gone and my magic is spent.  As they approach, I can tell they are two males, human I believe on some type of patrol.  They are not hostile and they want me to go with them to something called a Census and Excise Office.  What a strange name.  I go willingly, but I have nothing to say to them.

Obxpanda

Back to top Go down

Aeryn’Drada Nasadra:  Outcast in a New Land Empty Re: Aeryn’Drada Nasadra: Outcast in a New Land

Post by Obxpanda Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:07 pm

That must have taken hours. I can see what appears to be a sun rising over the water as I wait to board a ship. My head is spinning from what I just heard, it seems like something you would make up to scare a child. It is very strange how no one seems to fear drow or even give me mean looks. I am not sure I will get used to it, but I have to admit even if it is just to myself, I welcome the peace.

It looks like the ship is ready for boarding so I will have to find me someplace to sit. Hopefully in a cabin since my eyes are not used to the light. There is one sailor that keeps staring at me. It is obvious what he wants. If he even thinks about touching me, I will have to break his arm or worse, l hope it does not come to that.

I found a spot in a corner where I can sit and keep to myself. At least the rocking of the ship is soothing.

Obxpanda

Back to top Go down

Aeryn’Drada Nasadra:  Outcast in a New Land Empty Re: Aeryn’Drada Nasadra: Outcast in a New Land

Post by Obxpanda Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:08 pm

I can not express how relieved I am to be in this room. I am still a bit shocked there is an “undervillage” here. It is not home, but it offers some security and normalcy. The water in the tub is very warm and I will be soaking in that in just a moment, after that I am not sure what I will do.

Obxpanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Obxpanda Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:09 pm

There is a knock at the door, it should be Calendra with my breakfast, she is never late. As I open the door she has a strange look on her face, then she beings to speak, giving me “friendly” advice that I did not ask for. I just nod and take the tray when she is done. She clearly thinks that me staying in my room for the past week is a bit strange. I suppose she might be right. I should at least walk around this place that is my new home.

Obxpanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Obxpanda Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:59 pm

Just when I think Agard is useless, he proves himself again. I could not believe he found that tunnel. We need to move a few rocks then I will be able to see what is in there. I don’t really want to live in this part of the city, so I will need to start exploring other possibilities. The surface is nice at night when you can look at the stars, but I do not like it in the daytime. I have gotten used to the sun, but after all day, it does start to bother me.

I think I hear the tub calling my name so I am going to find me a glass of wine and soak for a bit. Tomorrow is a new day.

Obxpanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Obxpanda Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:29 pm

I am really excited about having my staff shortened to make it easier to carry. Kyor is very talented, I never had the gift of making items with my magic. He is lucky to be able to do so. After thinking about my talk with him, I need to consider what he said about people getting the wrong idea on where my loyalties lie. I think I am going to reestablish the Nasadra name. It should be known to be strong and respected, but not connected with Lolth. I have my work cut out for me. First, I need to find a place to build a grand house.

Obxpanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down